is a UK based whistleblowing charity that aims to stop harm by encouraging safe whistleblowing. They run a free, confidential advice line for workers with whistleblowing dilemmas, train and support organisations with their whistleblowing arrangements, undertake research, inform public policy and campaign for legislative reform.
Protect is seeking a Communications Officer. This is a varied and rewarding role working alongside their Policy and Communications, Marketing and Business Support teams to help raise Protect's profile, both with whistleblowers and with the organisations. They are looking for someone who can increase their digital presence across our social media channels, help maintain the website, produce our newsletters, and support Protect in the delivery of both online and other events.
Salary £24,969 pro rata
Reports to: Head of Comms, with a dotted line to the Head of Marketing
Hours: Three or four days per week (22.5 – 30.5 hours per week). Open to flexible working.
Location: London, Bethnal Green (E2). Currently remote-working with an expectation that there will be a partial return to the office in early 2022.
Start date As soon as possible
You will be:
- Managing and growing Protect’s social media presence: planning, drafting and posting updates on Twitter and LinkedIn
- Designing digital and print assets, such as reports, social media imagery, simple videos and campaign materials
- Supporting the production and design of Protect newsletters
- Ensuring Protect’s tone of voice and brand values are consistently adhered to in our social media output
- Making sure the website content is up to date and accessible across all devices
- Producing reports on social media performance
- Helping us promote our events across all channels
You will have:
- Good understanding of Twitter and LinkedIn metrics and growth strategies as well as experience in measuring success of social media initiatives
- Demonstrable experience in using design software (particularly Canva, Adobe Illustrator and Adobe InDesign would be a bonus)
- Experience using WordPress CMS and creating and updating website posts and pages based on design guidelines provided
- Knowledge of email marketing tools, such as Campaign Monitor and email automations
- Good understanding of GDPR practices
- Some experience in using Salesforce CRM would be a bonus
How to apply
Please email an up-to-date CV and a short cover letter/email setting out your interest in Protect, and the role to firstname.lastname@example.org by 8am on Monday 24 January 2022.
Interviews will be in the weeks of 31 January and 7 February 2022.
If you would like to highlight your whistleblowing events or activities on the WIN website, please drop us a line on email@example.com.