WIN member, Protect
, is a UK based whistleblowing charity that aims to stop harm by encouraging safe whistleblowing. They run a free, confidential advice line for workers with whistleblowing dilemmas, train and support organisations with their whistleblowing arrangements, undertake research, inform public policy and campaign for legislative reform.
Protect is looking for an enthusiastic, organised and creative Parliamentary Officer to join their growing team. You will help us communicate key whistleblowing issues – including Protect's campaign for legal reform – to politicians, government officials and other key decision makers.
This is a varied and rewarding role in a small but highly collaborative and friendly team. Protect are looking for someone who understands how Parliament works and has a track record of successfully influencing policy. You must be passionate about current affairs have an ability to develop a strong political network, write in an engaging style, and have great interpersonal skills.
Salary: £32,000 – £35,000 (depending on experience)
Role: Four days or full time
Location: Office based in Bethnal Green with flexible remote working. The expectation would be to work in the office at least 2 days a week.
You will be:
- Lead on political influencing activity to deliver Protect’s goals.
- Monitor Government and Parliamentary activity, identifying opportunities and drafting policy-related briefings to ensure Protect’s views are represented in debates in Parliament.
- Research and draft responses to consultations on key whistleblowing issues within the public policy debate.
- Represent Protect at policy and Parliamentary events
- Orally brief MPs and their staff
- Contribute to raising the profile of Protect generally
You will need:
- A good working knowledge of both Parliament and Whitehall: experience of working in Parliament is desirable.
- Strong analytic and research skills
- A clear and concise writing style.
- Good oral communication and networking skills
- To be able to demonstrate effective influencing of policy
- Experience in developing strong, cross-party relationships
- To be flexible enough to work in a small team and to tight deadlines
- An understanding of working in charities would be desirable.
31st August 2022. Apply here