This online symposium, part of the ESRC Festival of Social Science 2020
, will explore the link between the social sciences and impactful social change through legislative reform.
Discussion topics will include whistleblower protection around the world, reform of the Public Interest Disclosure Act, and whistleblowing and business. However, there will also be opportunities to ask panellists questions.
Speakers and panellists will include:
- Dr Philippa Whitford MP, author of the recent Private Members Bill for whistleblower protection reform
- Mary Robinson MP, Co-Chair of the All Party Parliamentary Group (APPG) on Whistleblowing
- Kevin Hollinrake MP, Vice Chair of the APPG on Whistleblowing and Co-Chair of the APPG on Fairer Business Banking
- Professor Wim Vandekerchkove, an expert in whistleblowing research from the University of Greenwich
- Georgina Halford-Hall, CEO of the NGO Whistleblowers UK which acts as the secretariat for the APPG on Whistleblowing
- Andrew Pepper-Parsons, Head of Policy at Protect
- Lt Col (Retd) Ian Foxley, PhD Candidate at the University of York and Sancom whistleblower
This symposium will take place on Friday November 13 2020 at 2.00pm GMT.
For more information and to register, see here
If you would like to highlight your whistleblowing events or activities on the WIN website, please drop us a line on email@example.com