Platform to Protect Whistleblowers in Africa (PPLAAF)
is a WIN Associate and NGO based in Senegal, which is staffed by experienced lawyers and journalists who offer legal services and advice to whistleblowers seeking to share information about issues in the public interest.
PPLAAF is seeking a Administration and Communication Officer. Full-time, based in Paris.
- Work alongside PPLAAF’s teams in South Africa, Senegal and France to achieve PPLAAF’s objectives
- The Administration and Communication officer will work with PPLAAF on its fundraising and communication strategies, will assist in creating content, including web content, press releases, social media, newsletters, etc.
- The officer will help to manage and monitor PPLAAF grants and funds, including preparing documents, reports, timesheets and invoices for the financial and administrative reporting of PPLAAF
- The officer will help to coordinate some of PPLAAF’s activities, including provision of general and logistical support, of team events, conferences, workshops, trainings and webinars.
- Minimum 2 years of professional experience
- Background in human rights, NGOs, activism, etc.
- Understanding of, and commitment to PPLAAF’s values
- Ability to handle a large workload, work under pressure and independently
- Strong organizational skills
- Good personal skills
- Excellent communications skills, both oral and written in English and French (excellent report & proposal writing)
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Plus: knowledge of Africa and African languages, knowledge of whistleblower protection landscape
Please send CV (with at least two references), cover letter and writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org by October 10th, 2021.
If you would like to highlight your whistleblowing events or activities on the WIN website, please drop us a line on email@example.com.