On 7 October 2020, join the International Center for Not-for-Profit Law (ICNL)
and the Business and Human Rights Resource Centre (BHRRC)
for a webinar to discuss the use of abusive litigation by private actors against activists, journalists and community members around the world, as well as effective responses to this threat.
SLAPPs (strategic litigation against public participation) are a global problem that increasingly undermines the exercise of fundamental freedoms around the world, including whistleblowing. Join the webinar to hear accounts from activists who have been targeted by SLAPPs, as well as a presentation of the most recent research findings on the scope and dimensions of the problem, and discussion of what can be done to address this threat.
This webinar will be moderated by Christen Dobson, BHRRC. The speakers will be:
• Sutharee Wannasiri, Human Rights Activist, Thailand
• Leanne Govindsamy, Center for Environmental Rights
, South Africa
• Lady Nancy Zuluaga Jaramillo, Business & Human Rights Resource Centre (BHRRC)
• Nikhil Dutta, International Center for Not-for-Profit Law (ICNL)
• Charlie Holt, Greenpeace International
For more information and to register please see here
. RSVP by 5 October 2020.
If you would like to highlight your whistleblowing events or activities on the WIN website, please drop us a line on firstname.lastname@example.org.