Transparency International Ireland
(TI Ireland) is an independent, not-for-profit organisation dedicated to stopping corruption and promoting integrity in Irish institutions. Its vision is an Ireland that it is open and fair – and where entrusted power is used in the public interest. TI Ireland is a fully accredited chapter of the international coalition, Transparency International, which is active in over 100 countries.
The Communications Executive will help increase awareness of Transparency International (TI) Ireland’s work with particular emphasis on the Speak Up Helpline, the Transparency Legal Advice Centre (TLAC) and the Integrity at Work initiative. The Executive will also help with related fundraising and public information initiatives for TI Ireland and provide support on events, training and general office administration as required.
Salary: Grade 2 of the TI Ireland Pay-Scale with 3% employer’s pension contribution. Salary will be dependent on experience.
Role: Full-time staff contract for twelve months with flexible working hours (based on a 37.5-hour week), although part-time working arrangements on a pro-rata basis may be considered. Occasional travel in Ireland, subject to public health guidance may be required.
Location: TI Ireland’s Offices in Dublin 1, Remote or Hybrid (subject to agreement)
Communications and Marketing
- Create, execute and monitor online and social media communications through creative and engaging content writing across all digital channels
- Assist in the production/editing of newsletters, reports and other communications materials
- Coordinate the design and production of relevant promotional materials
- Manage media and communications databases
- Assist with the maintenance and update of the TI Ireland website
- Implement search engine optimisation, social media, email and mobile marketing
- Monitor and evaluate relevant communications and campaigns
- Identify contacts with national and local broadcast, digital and print media
- Assist with media communication on related TI Ireland issues, campaigns and events
- Monitor media activity on anti-corruption, whistleblowing, ethics and related areas where relevant
Fundraising and Stakeholder Engagement
- Maintain a database and calendar of trusts, foundations and grant opportunities
- Support the development of related fundraising materials and communications
- Support engagement and communications with key stakeholders
- Support the organisation of and communications surrounding relevant events e.g., conferences, roundtable meetings and seminars
- Support the administration of training courses and workshops
- Provide general office administrative support as required
Experience in two or more of the following is desirable
- Delivery of communications, public relations and/or marketing campaigns
- Management of social media platforms
- Development of fundraising and/or supporter engagement campaigns
- Writing, proof-reading and editing communications materials
- Organisation of and delivering online and offline events
Application Closing Date: 12 August 2022
Please send a CV and covering letter to email@example.com by 6pm on 12 August 2022. The email enclosing your CV and covering letter should have [CE/2022] in the subject line. Please let us know where you saw this position advertised first in your email. It is essential that the covering letter concisely addresses (in no more than 500 words):
- Motivation for applying for the position; and
- Relevant experience for the role.
The CV should ideally be two pages long. CVs longer than three pages will not be considered. Experience should be presented in reverse chronological order and the names and positions of two referees should be provided. Contact details of referees are not necessary at this stage. Interviews for the role will be held on the weeks of 15 and 22 August.