The European Centre for Press and Media Freedom (ECPMF), founded in 2015, is a NGO that promotes and defends media freedom and professional journalism in Europe. The ECPMF is constituted as a European Co-operative (SCE) with its headquarters in Leipzig, Saxony, Germany. This post is based there.
ECPMF are recruiting an experienced team member to assist the legal support programme for journalists and media workers facing legal actions such as SLAPPs. The new team member will work part-time (20 hours per week) and will be supervised by the ECPMF Legal Advisor. Main Duties include:
- Monitoring legal attacks on media workers in Europe
- Proactively contacting media workers who are threatened with legal action
- Fact-checking and preparing paperwork for the decisions on whether to grant legal support
- Supporting the Legal Advisor in event organising and publicity work
- Establishing and maintaining contacts with national organisations
Find the full Job Description here
How to apply
Send your application, including a letter of motivation, CV and references to:
Deadline: 21 September 2021
Ideally you will be available to start work immediately. The employment contract ends on 31.12.2022.
If you would like to highlight your whistleblowing events or activities on the WIN website, please drop us a line on firstname.lastname@example.org.