The Signals Network
is a French-American nonprofit organisation which aims to advance the public’s interest by encouraging transparency, accountability, reporting and whistleblowing.
The Signals Network has created the new position of Director of the Whistleblower Protection Program to steer the Whistleblower Protection Program (WPP) as it grows and expands to provide more services in more geographic areas and in more industry sectors. The WPP is The Signals Network’s most established program, and in 2021 we provided one-to-one support to more whistleblowers than ever before.
The new WPP Director will be a lawyer responsible for overseeing the customized protection and support services provided to a select number of whistleblowers who have contributed to published reports of significant wrongdoing. The new hire also will shape the program and help steer the overall direction of The Signals Network. The director will report to the Executive Director and serve on the management team.
Remote, US eastern preferred
Up to 20 percent, US and Europe
$100,000 – $110,000
March 24, 2022
- A lawyer licensed to practice in any state in the United States with documented legal experience.
- Experience in whistleblowing, qui tam actions, media law, employment law or legal issues involving the tech industry is a plus
- Experience in supporting whistleblowers preferred, but not required
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to establish positive relationships with individuals
- Organized, detail-oriented, creative, and able to work independently, under pressure, and as a team player in a fast-paced environment
- Self-motivated and directed, with excellent project and time management skills; takes initiative to identify risks and issues, solve problems, and solicit input and help from others
- Deep knowledge of media landscape in the US and Europe preferred
- Strong understanding of press freedom/whistleblowing issues preferred
- An entrepreneurial spirit with a sincere interest in supporting whistleblowers in order to protect the public’s right to know
How to apply:
Please send your application, as PDF documents, by March 24, 2022 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please include: A cover letter with:
If you would like to highlight your whistleblowing events or activities on the WIN website, please drop us a line on email@example.com.