Platform to Protect Whistleblowers in Africa (PPLAAF)
is an NGO based in Senegal, which is staffed by experienced lawyers and journalists who offer legal services and advice to whistleblowers seeking to share information about issues in the public interest.
PPLAAF is seeking a Regional Director for South Africa. Full-time position, based in South Africa with a preference for working from Johannesburg.
- Work alongside PPLAAF teams in South Africa, Senegal and France to achieve PPLAAF’s objectives
- Define and implement PPLAAF’s strategy in Southern Africa
- Lead advocacy efforts for whistleblower protection in Southern Africa
- Represent PPLAAF in meetings with government officials, civil society organizations, journalists and others
- Oversee and monitor whistleblowers who receive PPLAAF support
- Receive new whistleblowers and potential whistleblowers and hand them support as fit
- Coordinate investigative consortiums based on whistleblowers disclosures
- Represent PPLAAF in media interviews
- Raise funds for PPLAAF Southern Africa activities
- Manage and monitor PPLAAF grants and funds for Southern Africa
- Hire and manage a project coordinator and occasional interns for PPLAAF in Southern Africa
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in law, journalism or civil society. At least, 2 of which in similar level
- Plus: knowledge of whistleblower protection law and landscape
- Understanding and commitment to PPLAAF’s values
- Ability to handle a large workload, work under pressure, independently and with limited supervision
- Strong management and organizational skills
- Proven capacity to participate in fundraising
- Good personal skills
- Excellent communications skills, both oral and written (excellent report & proposal writing), including public speaking
- Willingness and ability to travel nationally and internationally.
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment
- Languages other than English a plus
Please send CV (with at least two references), cover letter and writing sample to email@example.com
by October 10th, 2021.
If you would like to highlight your whistleblowing events or activities on the WIN website, please drop us a line on firstname.lastname@example.org.